Bud Powell’s CELIA : Lead Sheet
I also wrote down Bud Powell’s solo break, which should be learned in all 12 keys !
I didn’t wrote all the « embellishments » and « appoggiaturas » played by Bud Powell since it may change from a musician to another (the goal is to make our own versions or switching between these different options).
Download CELIA (Bud Powell) – PDF lead sheet
Compositions & standards - Celia-Bud-Powell - C instruments.pdf
Envoyer le lien à :
CELIA : Harmony
As usual, with « old » standards or jazz tunes, there are some question marks about few chords changes or notes :
- Bar 5 : is seems that B.P himself sometimes plays Db-7, sometimes Db7 or G7alt.
- Bridge : the D7 chord (V7 of G-) is sometimes played for two bars instead of the complete II / V.
BUD POWELL : Other ressources
- Bud Powell Celia’s solo transcription by Florent Gac
- Solo analysis by T.J Martley
- stop chorus analysis by T.J Martley
- 2 hands piano solo transcription
CELIA – cover versions
BONNE ÉCOUTE & BON JEU ! ____________________ENJOY & HAVE FUN !
First Published in 2014, revised in april 2020 – ------Article publié en 2014, révisé en avril 2020